Announcement of PKRU In Protocol Education Management about the Outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Mar 19, 2020
Announcement of Phuket Rajabhat University
In Protocol Education Management
about the Outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID - 19), to ensure the effective education management and to reduce risk of the outbreak in the university students, lecturers and staff, the university hereby announces the protocol of education management and the precautionary measures as follows:
1. The university will suspend all classes and instead offer online classes or otherwise approved from 23rd March 2020 onwards. The lecturers shall prepare the online lessons with the following directions:
1.1 Visit https://arit.pkru.ac.th and go to the banner of Online Lesson Tools provided by Office of Academic Resources and Information Technology or contact Division of Human Capacity Development and Digital Media via Tel. 7311 for more information, and
1.2 Visit https://arit.pkru.ac.th and go to the banner of EBSCO Discoveries to search for the required digital information in EBSCO GALE EMERALD or contact Division of Information for Study and Research via 7313 for more information.
2. The laboratory and practical sessions shall be upon the discretion of the dean of each responsible faculty with regard to the highest safety measures.
3.1 The university will establish daily temperature checking points at the entrances of the university and buildings; using stickers or symbols to identify the screened people. The people found to have temperatures more than 37.5 Celsius degree shall be advised to see a doctor immediately.
3.2 The students are required to go through the temperature check and fill in their travel history in any risky areas in the laboratory entry request; put on a surgical mask, wash hands with the hand sanitizing gel provided by the university and comply with other preventions according to the standard of the Ministry of Public Health.
4. The examinations of the students in regular section (weekend curriculum) and graduate school shall be the responsibility of the lecturers of each subject. The lecturers shall assign reports, assignments, or other forms of proper assessment to the students. It must be ensured that the said assessments allow the students to complete all learning achievements of the subjects.
5. All forms of internship and co–operative education shall be cancelled and adjusted in duration and substitute activities. The internship or co–operative education under the supervision of professional federations shall follow or ask for the suggestions from the federations for the highest safety of the students.
6. All activities with gatherings of students, parents, lecturers, or university staff shall be refrained from; in case activities are necessary, the intense screening measures aforementioned shall be implemented in the events.
7. Faculties, institutes, offices, and departments in the university shall be open as usual.
8. The Public Relations Department is responsible for monitoring news related to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Director of the Central Division is responsible for reporting the situation to the President of the university.
9. The students, lecturers, and staff of the university are required to monitor the situation and comply with the prevention measures prescribed by Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, via https://www.moph.go.th/ or QR Code Coronavirus (COVID-19)